MEDIA RELEASE: 4 September, 2019
BRG serves an experience every 49 seconds in Australia, and has the vision to serve an experience every second by 2025. This latest acquisition is another step towards achieving that goal.
Co-Founder Naomi Simson said, “Gourmet dining and pamper experiences is what Lime&Tonic is known for, and we know from our other brands that this is one of the fastest-growing segments in the experience economy.”
“The Lime&Tonic brand will allow the group to serve customers a broader range of experiences. It is all about accessing amazing experiences and curating on behalf of our customers.
“Every aspect of Australian retail is facing increased competition from global players and this is no different for experiences. To compete in the experience economy Australian brands must be of a size that allows for the capital investment for growth, and working together is one way to achieve this.
“It is also becoming increasingly difficult for smaller businesses to navigate digital channels as large global players have deeper pockets to invest in technology, machine learning and big data. Key digital channels such as Facebook and Google have become increasingly expensive and it is proving challenging for the best marketers to keep up with shifting algorithms, rules and customer expectations.
“What I do know is that customers seek out experts and curation when it comes to experiences – and Lime&Tonic adds a wonderful dimension to complement the range of experiences we offer today.
“BRG has invested greatly in leading-edge technology, and data insights which are elevated further by our use of marketing AI technology to ensure customers are served the right experience in the right place at the right time.”
BRG Group CEO and Co-Founder, David Anderson, said BRG is rolling out a multi-brand strategy that will enable a central supply group to serve different customer needs via different experience brands.
“We are thrilled to welcome Lime&Tonic and its customers to BRG. The catalogue of unique gourmet experiences and bespoke events is an ideal fit for our other brands and will serve our customers more of what they want,” Mr Anderson said.
“We have a big vision for the next five years, both domestically and globally, and we’re excited to support Australian businesses along the way.”
Lime&Tonic will sit alongside experience marketplace brands RedBalloon, Adrenaline and IfOnly, as well as the BRG enterprise offering REDii and Marketics, the exclusive distributor of Albert AI marketing technology in Australia and New Zealand.
- Big Red Group (BRG) founded July 2017 by Naomi Simson and David Anderson
- IfOnly, launched by the BRG in Australia on June 3 2019 delivers unique luminary-led experiences that give back a portion to charity.
- Adrenaline.com.au was the first brand acquisition for the Group in November 2018
- RedBalloon has served almost five million customers since 2001
- Collectively, BRG brands represent more than 2000 experience partners and more than 7000 experiences across Australia and New Zealand
- The BRG is set to serve more than 600,000 experiences in FY20, with the vision of serving an experience every second somewhere on earth by 2025
- Annual traffic to the BRG online experience brands nears 10 million (Hitwise).
- More than two billion experience-related online searches are conducted in Australia annually – representing 83 searches for every single Australian (Hitwise).
* Hitwise – US, UK, AU online experience gifting website search traffic: Sept 2017 – Sept 2018.