Today a new brand joins the Big Red Group – IfOnly.
Understanding that experiences fulfil many ‘jobs’ – be it as gifts, for personal use or as corporate and B2B incentives – John Boris, CEO of IfOnly in the US, sought to partner with the experts in experiences to grow the IfOnly enterprise in Australia.
As a result, BRG Co-Founders David Anderson and Naomi Simson (pictured above with John Boris) met with the IfOnly leadership team over a number of months to forge a partnership that would bring this unique experience offering to Australia. The brand launches locally with more than 60 unique experiences, hosted by local ‘luminaries’, all affiliated with a local charity.
IfOnly was founded in 2012 in the US with the purpose of unlocking access to extraordinary experiences for social good, with every listing benefiting a cause.
Naomi Simson said, “Over the years, IfOnly has not only provided thousands of unique experiences, but it has helped raise millions of dollars to benefit over 200 charities around the world. It is this dual sense of purpose that keeps everyone at IfOnly motivated and engaged, enabling them to be a leader in both the Experience Economy and corporate philanthropy. IfOnly.com was seeking an Australian partner – to not only serve its global clients but to provide extraordinary experiences for good, locally. They recognised the work being done by BRG as a leader in experiences in the region; delivering experiences to different audiences for different purposes.”
John Boris was in Australia for the launch and said, “IfOnly experiences are not available anywhere else – it is not as if you can do a Google search and find eight different websites promoting these experiences. We are offering access to true one-of-a-kind experiences.”
“There is a growing social conscience and desire for customers to give back in a meaningful way. People, more than ever, want to align themselves with brands that have a true purpose and who are actively giving back to the community. What a business stands for and how it contributes to the community is just as important as what it sells. With IfOnly, every experience on the platform gives back to a nominated charity – bridging the dual customer demand for experiences we see in the thriving Experience Economy, and this growing desire to align with purpose-driven and socially conscious organisations.
“We have found that our customers, more than ever, want to align themselves with brands that have a true social conscience and who are actively contributing to the community. Australians are regarded as incredibly charitable people, and we are seeing these values echoed in corporations more than ever – the number of certified B Corporations are on the rise and the list of those businesses that are part of the 1% pledge (including BRG) is growing steadily.”
The brand partners with ‘luminaries’ and charities to offer a truly unique solution to the dual customer desire to ‘do’ instead of own, while also giving back to causes they’re passionate about. An important point to note is that a luminary doesn’t have to be a ‘superstar’ – they might be a specialist in their field, a local expert, a noteworthy personality, a brand or a charity. Up to 80 per cent of the funds go to the associated charity and we are thrilled to launch locally partnering with a number of Australian not for profits.
David Anderson BRG CEO and Co-Founder added, “BRG is focused on offering a broad range of experiences, across different brands, that serve different purposes for our customers and clients. And being able to offer a fundraising channel for Australia’s not-for-profit sector adds greatly to our social commitment. In addition, the launch further powers the BRG’s multi-brand strategy, to appeal to different audiences with different experience needs, and follows the acquisition of Adrenaline only six months ago.”
“If you have you ever wanted to play guitar with the Rolling Stones, or learn to cook alongside culinary royalty, IfOnly unlocks access to experiences you can’t find anywhere else. Australians will now also have access to the global offering of IfOnly, with experiences with the likes of Michelle Obama, Willie Nelson, Elton John, and Ariana Grande on offer. These experiences are unique to IfOnly.com and many are one-off, not to be repeated – so you will want to hear from us…” Mr Anderson concluded.
IfOnly joins RedBalloon, Adrenaline, Marketics (Albert AI) and Redii, cementing our position as the largest online aggregator of experiences in Australia, and third largest globally (Hitwise 2018), and is another step toward our purpose to shift the way people experience life.
Once-in-a-lifetime IfOnly experiences available to Australians from, include:
- Nova’s Red Room, VIP access. Offering up-close-and-personal live performances from some of the world’s top music artists, IfOnly has secured access to Nova’s Red Room in Melbourne and Sydney. These experiences will give exclusive access for members of the general public to see their favourite bands in the flesh on a premium, intimate and very limited basis.
- The Who and Eddie Vedder, live at Wembley. In the first global sweepstakes of its kind, IfOnly is unlocking access for Australian residents to win a rock’n’roll adventure with legendary rock band The Who and Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, at Wembley Stadium in London, July 6. Open to enter via donation to the elected charity.
- Kevin Pietersen South African Rhino Conservation Experience at Umganu Lodge. Price on request – USD$50,000 of proceeds benefitting Care for Wild and South African National Parks.
- Dinner on the pitch of the SCG with Michael Clarke. Personalised tour and signed memorabilia – directly benefitting The Cancer Council.
- The Kingdom Choir at Sydney Opera House. They performed their show-stopping performance of ‘Stand By Me’ in front of nearly two billion people at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in May 2018, and now they bring their heralded performances to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Includes coveted backstage access, meet and greet and photo opportunity with Conductor Karen Gibson and Choir members – 80 per cent of proceeds to The Sony Foundation.
- Ariana Grande ‘Sweetener’ Tour Experience. Meet Ariana with VIP Tickets to one of her US shows, in this rare encounter with one of the most popular artists of the moment.
Follow us on social to be the first to hear when new experiences are added